This course is 8 weeks of live lectures (one hour per week) with an integrative classroom forum to provide extracurricular discussions.
The course covers:
- First Principles of Skill Acquisition: Fitts Posner Model (Cognitive, Associative, Autonomous)
- Piaget’s Theory of Cognitive Development: Is there a correlation between Training and Biological Age?
- Stress: Homeostasis, Arousal, Allostasis
- The Constraints Model: How internal/external, visual, and spatial constraints affect the learning process.
- Programming: How do these theories and practical variables interact to drive optimal stimulus and recovery to the client or athlete.
Class starts July 24th, 2023!!